Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Chocolate and the Pumpkin Pie

DSC03305a
Outfit Details: Dress & Head Scarf: Thrifted//Tights: We Love Colors//Shoes: Modcloth

DSC03164a

The Coffee & the Pumpkin Pie

DSC03301a

DSC03166a

Hello there darlings!
Hope you all the most splendid week full of plenty of sugar and spice and everything nice.  This week has been so busy for me so far with an impromptu trip to Philly to pick up a Rhodes piano we had in storage at my inlaws.  All this excitement, moving, and busyness has me far behind in my planning for Christmas.  Can you believe I don't have a single decoration up in my house yet besides a vase full of my grandmother's vintage Christmas balls?  Can you believe I am going to post photos from two months ago...hehe.  Anyhow, these photos are from a while as you probably can tell...hope you don't mind:)   Autumn has come and gone all too fast and the colorful leaves that once laced the trees have been replaced by glistening white snow.

As for today, I'm really in the mood for something scrumptious, so I'm thinking of whipping up something sweet and spicy...and my grandmother's recipe for pfefferkuchen seems like the perfect thing to tackle.  Christmas Eves for my family were always spent at my grandmother's celebrating with a traditional German meal and the night always concluded with German goodies such as stollen, marzipan chocolates, and good old pfefferucken.

Now that I have awakened my sweet tooth, I leave you with one more thing before I go.  The lovely Jul of Life is a Romantic Poem tagged me in her Christmas wishlist so here I go:

Christmaslist

Clockwise from top left:
2.  Vintage Record Player

That's all for now.  I'm off to concoct some sugary baked goodness:)
Sweet dreams!


Love, 





20 comments:

  1. These photos are amazing! The colors are beautiful. And please share some pics of the rhodes!! sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh such a pretty dress! I love the colours in it and especially with those tights. Such a pretty combination. Lovely pictures :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute in these photos! As does that owl biscuit jar: cuteness overload.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like so much your red tights!
    Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!

    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty outfit, I love the head scarf and the dress is beutiful on you :) and those red tights are perfect!
    Your Christmas wishlist is just lovely :) the owl jar is adorable, and the shoes and the dress are to die for!
    Life is a romantic poem

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is so cute, you look lovely!
    I love the red tights, I always stick to boring black ones but I really should try out some brightly coloured ones too!

    Gillian x
    elevatormusik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look perfect, love the wishlist too

    ReplyDelete
  8. I,m very like your outfits , I,m from Poland - people in Poland are very board clothes and shy in yors outfit's

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cookie jar: I NEED IT. And you look really pretty as always, love the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have a rhodes?! that's awesome! my brother has one too... i can only imagine the fun you'll have playing that thing :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your tights and shoes! So holiday inspired! I loveeeee it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh I love this outfit. The colors look really cute together. I especially like that first photo. You look adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you always look so happy, it cheers me up a bit :) oh what i would do for some marzipan right now...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your shoes are amazing, fantastic color.
    You look very chic in this dress

    ReplyDelete
  15. you¨re so cute and so is your outfit dear :) have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always manage to find the most amazing things when thrifting! This is definitely a dress to keep. Loving the scenery too.. Soooooo beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  17. totally want everything on your wishlist! especially the yellow shoes. Hope you got everything you wanted :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, introduce yourself, or just say Hello. You never cease to brighten my day:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...