Monday, July 5, 2010

Who Said Sailing is Fine?

Well what a weekend it has been! Sadly, I must say I spent most of it stuck in bed with a fever and aches, and all that good stuff. Blah. I missed taking a trip to Philly, I missed fourth of July visiting with family, picnic-ing, and feasting on yummy grilled goodies. Sleep and Motrin have been my best friends. Enough of being pathetic...I'm still under the weather but I am going to find a quick moment to post some pics.

Ok, now that I got that outta my system, this post is going to be about shorts (something that you rarely find me in). I don't particularly love shorts (on me at least), but I did manage to pick up several pairs this season - these jeans shorts being my most basic of pairs. Funny thing is, this is the first pair of jeans shorts I have ever owned. Yeah I know, strange, right? I picked these babies up on sale and thought, "I'm sure I will manage to find something to wear them with". Ok, so here you have it: going with the red, white, and blue theme for the 4th of July that I missed, I paired them with this adorable baggy sailboat pullover, topped it with my favorite red head scarf, and on the footies are my bright blue ankle boots (I promise these look better in person than they do in the pic). This ended up being the most comfy things to wear as the weather hit 100 degrees today.




Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket

Outfit Details:
Sailboat Pullover, Shorts, Anchor Necklace: Urban Outfitters
Red Head Scarf
Ankle Boots: Modcloth

In lieu of sailboats, I leave you with a song by Okkervil River:

3 comments:

  1. This outfit is super cute, lovely photos! The necklace is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Gillian!...and I'm absolutely loving the owl necklace on your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look so adorable in that bow headband and necklace!! pretty! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, introduce yourself, or just say Hello. You never cease to brighten my day:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...